the lunch bag

This past Wednesday I decided to pack my lunch for work.  I don't normally pack a lunch, so this was kinda special.  Being in a cubicle all day stifles me, so I go off-site for lunch:  to get out of the cube, share a meal with co-workers, or just get outside of the building.  That's how I justify the expense anyway!

I had previously decided to pack on that Wednesday because a fellow co-worker was going to report on a trip he made to Africa.  I really wanted to see what impact it had on him so I said "yes, I'll be there" and put it on my calendar at work.  Thing is, I was at home creating my packed lunch - - and all I was remembering was that I was going to pack my lunch on Wednesday. 

When Wednesday came, I did my normal morning routine and headed to the kitchen, grabbed some food items that would last until lunchtime and had everything ready except for a container/bag to put it in.  Rifling through the pantry, I found some long-lost paper lunch bags the kids used to take when they were little.  I had hoped for the Spiderman ones; unfortunately for me, the only ones available were adorned with a big picture of Hello Kitty on the front. 

My first thought was "nah....I'll just use a plastic grocery bag".  But then it made sense to just use up the bags we had, for it's "just one day and it's just a bag for goodness sake - since I'll eat at my desk, it will be no big deal."  - - - [always go with your gut instinct.....]

Yep....logical reasoning took over, and I proceeded to pack my lunch in a brown paper bag with Hello Kitty plastered on the front.

Once I arrived to work, I got out of my car with lunchbag in hand and proceeded to the front door.  One of my close co-worker friends had arrived about the same time.  As we were walking in together, she mentioned my "nice" lunch bag......and I explained that it was too young for my kids to take to school now (oh the terror that would have been!) and that it was no big deal because I'd be at my.........oh crap.  Until right at that moment, I had forgotten the original reason for bringing my lunch!

Oh brother.

Well.....when I arrived to the room for my co-worker's presentation, I was envied by everyone in the room for having such a wonderfully unique lunch bag!  It was hilarious!