colliding

A friend of mine collided with me today.  Not literally.....just emotionally.  It didn't feel good.  I had done something he didn't like and his response as well as my handling of it was not done in the best manner available to either of us.  We both failed. 

I'm quite certain I don't like collisions like this. 

Unfortunately, friendships have to go through some rough patches in order to grow and develop into deeper friendships....or I guess you lose a friend.  I'm not willing to go that far (the losing part, I mean).

So.....we collided.

It was a short little spell of a situation, but it wasn't any fun to work through.  I'm sure we'll have another conversation to make things more right than how we left it.  I suppose I would call that a collision also, though I would definitely have a more positive outlook than before.  A positive collision?  Is there such a thing?

POSITIVE:  We will have another one sooner than later, though later would be better for me (the very uncomfortable-with-confrontation type)! 

POSITIVE:  God is still the center of our friendship so I know things are okay with "us".

POSITIVE:  I'll forgive him & he'll forgive me

Colliding is not fun at the time of the occurrence.
But.........
Colliding is bearable within contexts of growth, development, & future deeper fun!