Friday I helped set up the Standard Publishing exhibit at the Small Groups Conference at Cincinnati Christian University. Since I'd left CCU on good terms, being nervous about seeing people I'd previously worked with was really at the back of my mind. I was focused on presenting SP well, and it was actually fun to see former colleagues. I did, however, venture into my former "stomping ground" (the CCU Bookstore) feeling a little weird about it all. Once I arrived though, it was fairly normal ~ I had to walk in the front door this time (which was weird) and stand in front of the counter (which was weirder). The student workers that had worked for me were still there and served me very well - - I hope I had some influence in that, but I know the current interim manager (my former assistant) has probably had more influence than I! :)

Knowing that lunch breaks are few and far between in the Bookstore, I timidly asked if Beth (the manager) was able to leave for lunch - - and she was! Again, it was obvious she does the scheduling a little different & allows herself a break now and then! :) We enjoyed the original Skyline Chili down the street and caught up on the "ins & outs" of Bookstore Management. It was really fun!

From there I enjoyed a trip to the Warehouse for SP. I had 3 skids that needed to be put back in correct locations and I needed to pick up some products for upcoming summer events. I'm working on approximately 45 gift packs of varying sizes & value to give-away at these larger events. I'm starting early so I can spread them out. Then back to the office for tons of paperwork and catching up. The day was BEAUTIFUL - a roll-down-your-window-and-drive kind of day!

Yesterday we enjoyed a supremely wonderful day with our good friends, the Dericos, in Indy. The kids had a great time playing all afternoon - and we adults lavished ourselves in good food and fun conversation! As always we just love getting together, catching up, and laughing a lot!
I sincerely appreciate friends who we can feel so comfortable with ~ even after a long stretch of time.

And then today we are enjoying a relaxing day at home. Got up & went to the 9:30 service, out to lunch, a little shopping, and now home with the kids. It's a little cool & rainy outside, so we're staying in and enjoying the couch mostly.

Nothing really exciting this week....