What Max Lucado Is Teaching Me

Max Lucado books are on my shelves and I have to admit, I haven't read all of them completely.  I do enjoy the various "nuggets of truth" Max gives us, and sometimes I get bored.  

This book is different.  I read it from cover to cover and then some.  I've extracted so many interesting thoughts and practical insights from it, I'm sure those around me are tired of hearing about it!


My favorite quote this week and very related to what I've been working through for about a month:

"You can do something no one else can do in a fashion no one else can do it.  Exploring and extracting your uniqueness excites you, honors God, and expands His kingdom.   So 'make a careful exploration of who you are and the work you have been given, and then sink yourself into that' (Galatians 6:4 MSG)"

I've been redefining "me" at work and Max has certainly assisted in bringing me closer to God through this book.  This redefinition has been necessary for me to feel "right" with where I've been, where I am now, and where I'm headed.  Topics like purpose and meaning and uniqueness have influenced my thinking lately.  It's been an exciting, sometime heart-wrenching, journey to walk with God the past few months.

I'm certainly glad I've done it though. 

It's all come down to TRUST. 

And I'm a better person because of what God has done (and continues to do) in me and through me!