The Fat Man Is Thinning (Part 2)

In February, I committed online via this blog to continue thinning in anticipation of Cincinnati's Flying Pig 5K on May 5th.

I'm happy to say that 2 1/2 months later, I am still thinning. Yay!

I have stayed motivated to walk almost daily and even begin to attempt jogging a few times in between. I must confess - I'm no runner.  My knees don't like me too much.  I will say, however, that it has become easier the more I try it out.  At this point, I'm planning to jog a bit more than originally thought in a few weeks during the 5K.   Here's hoping the excitement that day will give me the additional push I need to jog just a little bit more. :)

I'm encouraged to continue because I am losing weight too.  It's small steps, and it's decreasing.  I'm also paying a bit more attention to additional movement (LOL), which can be defined in many ways:  jump roping, a 10-minute cardio workout from SparkPeople.com, or just a few Wii Fit exercises with my favorite Wii "Buff."  I'm not all about exercise, but I am trying.  And that's what counts.

A couple highlights from my Thinning Journey:
* I am more willing to go outside with my kids and play.
* I don't get out of breath as fast.
* I ask them to walk with me.
* I jogged from the stop sign to the park without stopping and actually could breathe!
* I eat fiber and apples and a lot less of those pesky things called calories - - and I haven't died yet.
* I can feel the muscles in my belly working - - and they are very unhappy.
* Those same belly muscles are very slowly starting to peek through the diminishing rolls of fat.
* I have a new friend.  His name is H2O.  He and I go everywhere together.

In March, I took a break from all this thinning stuff and took time to write my mother-in-law a song for her 65th birthday.  What a wonderful woman and I'm so blessed to have joined an amazing family.  Later in the month, I took another break to write my mom a song for her 60th birthday.  I have known her a lot longer, so I was able to include additional verses and get a little more creative.  Normally, I come up with a quirky poem or card.  For these special occasions, I took things to the "next step" and fortunately, both moms enjoyed their gifts immensely!

Motivation is the key at this point.  The 5K is just a few weeks away.  Great news is that I have a few more motivation points to continue my journey through the year and then maintain from there:
* May - 5K (can I simply 1/2 walk, 1/2 jog and not die?  that's the motivation!)
* June - Family Reunion (I haven't seen or met some of this family for ages!)
* July - Beach Vacation (ah....will I be able to take off my shirt this year?)
* and the kicker - November - My 40th Birthday (what do I want to feel like at age 40?  you'll see...)

Taking time for family and work and me all takes balance.  A daily decision to keep in balance.
I choose to make those decisions.

Until next time....