Things I've Learned At Ballgames

As I've said before in a blog or two, I'm not the brightest bulb when it comes to sports.  So having two kids who are very involved in baseball and softball this year has completely rocked my world.  My time is consumed with driving to ball games, scheduling ball games, taking snacks to ball games, watching ball games, and yes, even cheering at ball games.  I've even learned some things from sitting through so many of them this year.  Here's a few:


1. "Nice squeeze" has nothing to do with a hug...unless, of course, you're talking about a mitt.

2. Sunscreen should always be in the car...along with an umbrella.

3. Watching my children play gives me pure joy.  Sitting outside in the sun all afternoon gives me a headache.

4. "Sweating is good for you" is my mantra to getting through the whole game.

5. With all my "non-knowledge" about how to play the game, even I can see when our players get to the base before the ball does!

6. If you listen close enough, parent sideline chatter can be the most interesting, newsy, and ridiculous conversation ever!

7. "Choke up" is not synonymous to strangling someone while in a vertical position.

8. Encouragement is important on and off the field.  Great reminder for the rest of life too!

9. "Find a hole" doesn't mean to stop what you're doing and actually find a hole.

10. Blue is not a color. It is a person, who is apparently comfortable being yelled at.  I hope he has awesome friends.