The Bible Experience

I hate reading the Bible.
Okay...that might need a little explanation.

Taking time each morning for a "daily devotion" doesn't work for me. I'm not a morning person. Stopping my work mid-day to catch up on my Bible reading....well, that's just not gonna happen. By the time evening comes and I've enjoyed some dinner time, family time, TV time, and computer time, I'm pretty wiped out. I am a night owl, however, so I could stay up and read a couple chapters. It's not really appealing at that point in the day.

My wonderful mother-in-law (I love her to pieces, and we get along just great!) gave me an interesting Christmas gift this past year: The Bible Experience, the New Testament. And it is AWESOME!

Now I like reading the Bible....in the car....listening to the Word of God read by a host of interesting people!

Mind you, it's nothing like the "old dramatic audio versions." You know the ones I'm talking about. Dearest Father in Heaven, hallowed be Thy name....blah, blah, blah...with the deep James Earl Jones voice and conjuring up an image of Charlton Heston's Moses on Mt Sinai....

Nope. It's "the most ambitious production of the greatest story ever told" featuring "400 world-class talents delivering powerhouse performances."
Blair Underwood is Jesus. Hearing the Bible is incredible as I listen to the words of Jesus come to life. The pictures in my head hit me with commonality and relevance in a new and enlightening way. His teachings are real. His words impact His followers, and like me they are struggling to understand Him.

By the time I listened through the Gospels, I had a new perspective on the life of Christ. His death and resurrection are POWERFULLY read. I'm in Acts now and so far, Stephen's sermon before his stoning has impacted me greatly! What a great speaker!

Yes, I hate reading the Bible; however, I anticipate my Bible reading time: on my way to work, at lunch, and driving home from work! These are the times I am growing in His Word.

Definitely consider The Bible Experience!