Randomness: Basketball & Pajamas

Ethan is involved in Upwards Basketball at church.  His first practice was tonight....apparently.  I say that because we didn't know it was tonight until he came home and said his friend told him that it was and so we called the coach and lo and behold - - practice tonight!  What time did we call?  6pm.  What time did practice start?  6pm.  And so - - Ethan was late.  Yippee.

I was at work and drove straight to the church.  Got there and immediately felt completely and utterly OUT OF PLACE.  The only time I'm in a gymnasium is....well.....hmmmmm......college?  for dinner theater or music functions or chapel or something.  Either way, it was NOT to play a sport! :)  Dads, Moms and siblings all along the wall, while lots of little boys were running around, bouncing basketballs and shooting hoops.  I'll admit it - - I'm definitely a NERD when it comes to sports.  And therefore I was way out of my league in this environment.  Found my wife and daughter and bee-lined straight to them!  Sat on the stage, eyed my son, gave a thumbs up and pretended to pay attention - - waving to Ethan when he would make a basket.

And this was just practice.

I'm not one of those parents who's used to spending time at a gym, watching a basketball game.  I like to go to the ballpark or arena.....for the atmosphere!  I rarely actually watch the game!  I like to watch the people.  And eat the food.
Not so interested in the sport itself.  Don't watch it on TV.

Ethan seemed to enjoy it, and I will go back - - for his sake, of course.  I might bring a book next week :)

And now to the randomness of this blog:
When I come home from work each evening, I like to just change right into my pajamas if the plan is to just stay home.  I like to be comfortable - and a t-shirt and lounge pants were made for me when they were created!  Anyway....both cars needed gas fill-ups.   Too tired to mess with changing, I drove to the gas station in my tee shirt, lounge pajamas, and slippers.  Yes....slippers.  Filled up my wife's car and came home.  As if that wasn't enough, I did it AGAIN by taking my van to the same gas station....in the same outfit. 

Nothing like being comfortable with who you are, huh?  (a real-life nerd!)