The Cabbage Patch Doll Dilemma

Apparently my little sister (now almost 26) thinks I like Cabbage Patch dolls.

A long long time ago, my grandma made all us cousins cabbage patch dolls. You know, back when it was "in style" to have them. Thinking back, I'm not sure it was ever "in style" for a guy to have a cabbage patch doll. I guess what made them a bit more special than "oh....thanks" was the fact that grandma actually made them - - and they were wearing clothes we wore as babies.

Anyway, with grandma/grandpa moving later this year, they were going through some things and found another....extra.....cabbage patch doll. Hmmmm....what should we do with THIS one? they must have thought. Unbeknownst to the timing of this question, my cousin and my sister at some point had a conversation with my grandma. Apparently my sister told my grandma to "give it to Robb....he likes Cabbage Patch dolls." Grandma then made sure to give the little doll to my mother - - who then gave it to me for Christmas.

This cabbage patch doll has a strange look: a cross between little orphan Annie with her curly brown hair and red outfit.....and a scary perm-headed boy/girl mix.

My initial response was "What the heck?!?!?!?"

At our family Christmas the next night, I confronted my cousin and my sister about this apparent hidden obsession of mine for cabbage patch dolls. As most of the Fausts on this side of the family do, they listened to my predicament......................and responded by laughing hysterically! Considering how funny the actual giving & receiving of this particular item was, I continued to laugh and poke fun at this very odd choice of a gift.

At one point, I thought I was going to pee my pants. Yes, it is that odd and that funny.

I still have the doll. I think it might become the "funny gift that keeps on giving" at each upcoming holiday. And my sister's birthday is in February. Ha!