The Toothpick

The other day I ate a toothpick.

I actually consumed three quarters of a four inch toothpick. Chewed it up and swallowed it. Yep.

I was sitting in a room full of co-workers, sharing a catered lunch from the Honey Baked Ham Company. The culprit was a nicely sliced ham wrap. I guess the preparer oh-so-carefully inserted two of those long toothpicks into each wrap and then cut it in half. I picked up a half and just started chowin' down.

My wrap had a pile of ham, some green-leaf lettuce, and cucumber. It also included what I thought to be REALLY crunchy bacon in the middle! Not so, apparently. Even the little red cellophane stuff must have looked like bacon......because, you guessed it, I consumed that as well!

After two large bites among the conversations (and quite a bit of chewing and swallowing I should add!), I happened to look down to notice the small piece of toothpick remaining in my wrap. "No wonder that bacon was so darn crunchy!" I thought.

Of course I then proceeded to tell everyone the news - - - and get a good laugh.

I'm pretty sure The Toothpick has made it's way out of my system. I'll spare the details and leave that to your imagination. Let's just say: I'm glad I'm not dead.

Until another story.....